July 9, 2019
Fun Fact – we’re not just social media gurus! We’re event extraordinaires as well! Our sister company, Intertwined Events, is the mastermind behind some of Southern California’s biggest and best weddings and events. Seriously, if you haven’t checked out some of the beautiful designs they create, click here!!
Today, we’re going to share some of our favorite ways to incorporate social media into your events! You can use one or use them all to engage your guests on your event day!
1. Hashtags everywhere! We’ve said it once and we’ll say it again (and again and again and again!) – hashtags are a great way to compile a collection of photos from your guests and attendees. You might have heard of wedding hashtags, but these can be used for more than just weddings! Put the hashtag on signage, branding or even name badges! The more your guests use it, the more photos you have and can re-share. Share that hashtag before, during and after your event!
2. Let’s take a selfie! Everyone loves taking a selfie! Make it easier by creating a selfie station! Whether it’s a photo wall or even some fun removable stickers you can add to a bathroom mirror, create opportunities for your guests to interact with you!
3. I’m on the big screen! Have you heard of a Social Media Wall? A social media wall compiles all of the posts that include a specific hashtag and puts them in a rolling display. All you need is a screen and a branded hashtag! Guests will love seeing their name in lights and everyone will want to join in! (*Warning: Know your audience and enact a moderator of content if needed!)
4. Everyone loves incentives! A little friendly competition is a great way to get your attendees involved! Create fun and engaging challenges, like take a photo with someone on a different team or tell us your favorite guest speaker, and give prizes to guests who interact with you! Bonus if you have your hashtag on the items to push that even more!
5. Live updates! Live stream, live tweet, live blog! There are so many ways to give real time updates! Live streaming can easily be done through social channels like Instagram and Facebook’s story feature. Live tweeting is useful for pulling key points from a speaker’s presentation. Daily blogs can feature more details and photos of the event, as well! This is a great way to get people who can’t be there in person involved with all the fun!