July 2, 2019
1. A free account on VSCO allows you unlimited access to 10 presets already designated on the app. VSCO has numerous other presets that can be unlocked with a purchase of a membership, but that is ultimately not necessary in order to create a preset for your photos.
2. Once you establish the free preset you like best, be sure to mess around with features like exposure, contrast, saturation, and so on until you find the perfect edit that best highlights your content!
3. While there is no way to save a user preset on VSCO, copying photo edits is as simple as can be, making it easy to reuse a desired edit on all content. Click on the photo in your studio, tap the three dots icons in the bottom right corner and hit “Copy Edits”. Unclick the photo you copied from and click the photo you desire to edit. Again, hit the three dots icon and “Paste Edits” and you are good to go!
1. If you’re a true Instagram lover, then you’ve definitely heard of Adobe Lightroom! In comparison to VSCO there are a lot more options in terms of elements you can edit within your photo. This app takes a bit more time to learn than VSCO, but the final edits and eventual ease are so worth it!
2. One thing we really love about Lightroom is that you can create user presets and save them for future use! All you have to do is upload your photo, edit it, and tap the three dots icon in the top right corner. From there, tap “Create Preset,” type in a desired name, and hit the check mark! Now you have a personal preset in the “User Presets” function that you can use for all your content in order to keep a consistent aesthetic across all platforms!
3. If you struggle with finding the right edits, not to worry. Adobe Lightroom presets are all the rage right now. You can even purchase a preset from Etsy, where prices range from $5 to $10. These presets come with easy to follow installation instructions and will save to your “User Presets” for easy, future access! Just like VSCO, purchasing a preset isn’t necessary but it is a quick way to create a brand aesthetic.